Tabs

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Love


While editing this picture I got to thinking about our little court we live in and how much I have come to love and respect the people who live here. Tonight while walking to our apartment after work, I stopped and started chatting with some of my cute neighbors. During the 15 minuets or so while talking a series of things happened one after another; a family had just come from Sams Club (or somewhere to that extent) and was struggling to bring in groceries, a mom carrying her crying little girl while struggling to push her baby's stroller and one of the mothers had her child in her arms while carrying in groceries...I was touched when these two girls reach out to each of these people to see if they needed some help and helped in any way they could. Though it wasn't anything spectacular or huge they did, it reminded me of a quote I like that goes something like this:
"It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving."
~Mother Teresa
Truly that love was shown tonight in our court and I'm so grateful for those examples. I need to be better in this aspect in showing love and not just going through the motions.





No comments: