Wow I can hardly believe another year is over. As I look back on this year, I am amazed with how much Bruce and I have grown in all aspects of life. We have been thrown many curve balls but surprisingly have handled them well.
Two of my most favorite things that makes me smile about this year:
1. Being able to get to know and hang with my sisters A LOT more.
2. These....*sigh, they just make me smile. =)
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
For anyone looking for a laugh...these are a must watch!! I found this site through Holly. You upload faces into the video and watch away. =)
For Halloween we went over to my families. We thought that since it was on a Sunday this year we'd go out with as much family as possible. We had homemade pizza for dinner, watched some ninja turtle and we out trick or treating around 7pm. It was way fun. Savanah was supper tired because it was her bed time, but I think she enjoyed the excitement everyone had.
We only did few streets, but it was enough. NO one was out this year it was a little disappointing. Even though we didn't go for very long or go very far we got TONS of candy because everyone was trying to get rid of what they had.
Anyways here are some pictures of the night.
Wow has a whole month flown by already?! You have grown SO much! You are slowly leaving behind any noticeable traces that you had ever been so small and helpless.
Milestones for your 8th month:
* You can now crawl, but refuse to. You will take four or five crawls and switch back to your whale lunge once you see something worth your attention.=) It's pretty funny and drives grandma MacDougall mad. She is constantly trying to get you to crawl, saying it is an essential part of baby development. I think you know it and just to spite her you wont.=) That seems to be that attitude you've always had, even before you were born.
You can also sit without any help and are very sturdy.
* You pull yourself up onto everything! once you get up onto something you walk as far as you can go. You LOVE standing.I think it makes you feel like a big girl. Your also becoming more daring by trying to let go and balance for a few seconds before falling.=)
* Your new favorite word to say ALL the time is, MOM. You will scream this every time you wake up during the night or from naps. When your hungry and tired and just because. You are starting to understand WHO mom is and that by saying her name you can usually get what you want.
* You are eating food directly from my plate at dinner and LOVE cheerios in the morning.
* You now weigh 20 lbs and are completely out of 3 month and even most 6 month clothes. You just got some pj's that are 12 month and they fit just perfect! We are amazed with how long you are getting. But in most cases 9 month outfits seem to be what you fit into.
* You have this cute fake laugh you use when everyone is laughing and you want to as well. Even though you don't know what could be so funny.=)
* You had your first Halloween ever. You were a ladybug, mommy was a butterfly and daddy was a bug catcher. YOU LOVED your costume. When we put it on, everyone would start telling you how cute and adorable you were...you LOVE getting compliments.
* You know how to make noises by bringing you hand to and away from your mouth. You also make these really high pitched scrams and even know how to give a high fives!!
* You are starting to understand and not like when something is taken away from you. Last night you threw a fit when daddy wouldn't let you take the ipad from Fin. It was the longest fit yet and I can tell it's the start of a princess faze we'll be going through.
* You love, love, love your baby dall. We just recently found that if we put you in your crib with your baby you won't cry and will fall asleep on your own. You like to play on your own and are very talkative when you do.
You have grown SO much this past month I can hardly believe it! You are such a joy in our lives. We love seeing your personality shine through, though it has some spunk to it, you are a very sweet girl and LOVE giving people open mouthed kisses.
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you dear Savanah! Happy coming 9th!
Mom and Dad
Friday, October 15, 2010
Monday for FHE we took Savanah and my sisters to the pumpkin patch. We wanted to go earlier so that it wouldn't be so busy. It was perfect. We went to the Del Mar Pumpkin station. Lot's of pumpkins and a fun environment! Seriously it's been so fun having a kid to do things with. When it was just me and Bruce, we never really got into the holidays. For some reason having a child really makes you want to celebrate them. It was a lot of fun, we are going to carve them for our next FHE. So stay tuned.=)
We put Savanah in this pile of pupkins to chose which ever one she wanted.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Do you ever feel like making something simple but DON'T feel like getting the sewing machine out to make it?? I felt that way last week when I wanted to make Savanah a headband to match one of her outfits. SO the result was getting out the glue gun and glueing away!!
This was the end result. I though it turned out just as good and it took me only 5 mins to make.=) Thats my kind of project.=)
To make this I just used some scrap material I had from some old jeans. I made my strip pretty thick, but you can make yours smaller. Then I glued down each side by folding the fabric over some glue. When you are are done just get a piece of elastic and connect the two ends together. Decorate with bows or flowers. I made this flower using this tutorial.
It was super easy! I'll be making more of these. It holds really well too, Savanah has worn this headband almost every day and it still loos good.=)
Good night blogging friends!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
It's been a while since I've posted an update on our crazy life so here it goes...
Bruce is still looking for a job. Lots of great opportunities seem to arise but nothing sticks. Right now we are waiting to find out if he get's this job working for the government. My Dad put in a good word for him so we are hoping it works out. If he can get this job he will be able to get his masters paid for, make good money and we will be able to live here in Cali. Although today we got our first taste as to how much money it takes to live here. We got our car registered and our license updated...$400.00 later!! YA seriously...I was floored.
Aside from all that it's been pretty awesome being around so much family. It's even been nice having Bruce home (even though I'm ready for him to get to work and make some money). Living with Jimmy, Holly, Mom and Dad has been great. We miss having our own family routines but sometimes when your tired, it's pretty sweet to just let some else clean up the dinner mess or even just make dinner for that matter.=) It's even been great having an added cheering team for our new night time cry sessions with Savanah. They (mostly Holly) cheer me on when I'm ready to break down and pick her up. It's been pretty awesome so far. I was always against the whole cry it out thing, but now, I think it's saving me from many sleepless nights.
Some Obsessions I have gained since being here:
My new favorite show (if you already couldn't tell) is Project Runway. I'm seriously obsessed with it. I look forward to it all week. Sometimes it's all I can do to keep my mouth shut and just watch the show! The next day I get on my blog and get a Runway rundown from MADE I love reading these!! She's a genius!
picture by Homemade by jill- click on "pants" for link
I've been finding a lot of fun things I wan't to make and I can't wait to have the money to do them. Most of them have to do with Savanah. For an example I want to make these pants for her. I think I still might with some old sweats I have (I save all my old shirts and pants to make things out of them). I also want to make some of those rosette flowers.
I'm so obsessed with finding crafty things that when I do find something I like, I'd pull the site link down to our tool bar (and name it something like, flower headbands, cute sav pants, painted tree) so I can easily find it when I decided to make it. The other day I got on the computer to find that Bruce had created a CRAFTS button for me and put all my links in it!! They were kind of getting out of control.
picture from tip junkie-click on pesto link
Cooking...I've made so many NEW meals since moving here. For some reason being around other people and having others eat my food, has really inspired me to experiment with new things. For an example this YUMMY PESTO SAUCE... you must try it for yourself! I also make rolls all the time and even have this yummy cinnabon recipe!
Harry Potter...yes I'm still obsessed with the audio books.=)
Savanah...I love being her mom! How could I not be obsessed with such a cutie! Today at the DMV she kept grabbing my face with both her hands and she'd pull my face to hers to give me a BIG, opened mouth, slobbery kiss. Love that girl!
PICTURES...I've been so busy taking pictures!! It's been pretty fun and tiring.=)
Well this has gone on long enough. I think by now you get a pretty good idea what our days are like. They are pretty heavenly what can I say? I love my liFE.
good night blogging friends!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
I can't believe you are 7 months old! Where is the time going? We are having so much fun with you at this age. Since you were born, all you seemed to want to do is wiggle around. Even at 7 months that hasn't changed. Now however since you are able to get around a little you enjoy being on the floor playing with your toys and watching your cousins.
You just went to your 6 month check up and the doctor was surprised with how much you have grown. He says you have defiantly "caught" up to all the other kids (your real age is 5 months 2 weeks). You now weigh 16lbs! You are able to sit up on your own can scoot all over, roll when ever you want and enjoy walking around with the help of mommy and daddy! You have started solids and enjoy all types of food. You LOVE bananas and LOVE when I give you little licks of ice cream. You just had a little drink of watered down apple juice the other day and wanted me to keep giving it to you!!lol You also have out grown your bumbo and now sit in a high chair, which you love.
Your personality is hilarious, you defiantly know what you want and how to get it. You cry when you want something and even say mum. You enjoy making choking noises and making high pitched screams. It's pretty funny how many different sounds you can make, none of which seem normal to me.=) You also are going through this weird phase where you scratch mommy's and daddy's face off when you go to sleep...drives me crazy.
You have finally grown most of your hair back and I'm just waiting for it to get long enough for me to start playing with. You still hate when I put headbands on you but that never stops me... just sayin.
You have so many people who love you. We do especially. Being a mom sure is hard, but it's completely worth it. Sometimes when you fall asleep and I get to just look at you I'm so amazed and feel so blessed to be able to raise such a sweet girl. You are at such a fun age and are always smiling and laughing. You love when other's talk to you and complement you. I love you so much and know the adventures will keep coming!
Happy 7 months sweetie!!
Love, Love, Love,
Mom and Dad
(I made this skirt using this easy tutorial by Homemade by Jill)