Tabs

Saturday, January 15, 2011

DIY Fabric invites



About 3-4 months ago I found this tutorial while surfing the web... here and here and instantly feel in love with these fabric invitations. So as Savanah's birthday has been quickly approaching I decided that now would be the perfect time to try them out.
I went to target and got a box of 50 white card stock paper with envelopes. It cost me 9.00, worth it to me since it was already precut. I used some scrap-booking paper for the second layer. I found some flower fabric at Joanns on sale for 3.00 a yard plus I found an additional 20% off coupon on line (I only needed 1/2 a yard for 15 invites). I think the hardest part was figuring out what colors I wanted and the style.
I think they turned out how I expected and I love the homemade feeling they give. It even turned out to be cheaper than printing some invitations out from the computer. Once I sat down and started making them it maybe took me 2 hours to do 15 invitations.

Most of them weren't perfect, but I think that's what makes them so fun for Savanah's birthday.=)

Here are some of my pictures although the links are better.



I used some canvas material my mother in-law had for the back. Although you could also use the same material as the one you cut out for the image in the front (this is what the link did). I liked the organic feel the canvas gave them. Here are your three layers cut out ready to sew together.


This is what it looks like sewn together.
Front and back.


And the finished product with the flower in front. In the link they sewed the flower on the front. I tried it on three and just didn't like how it looked so I ended up hot glue gunning the rest. I liked it much better in the end.

These really were so simple and a lot of fun to make!! I can't believe Savanah's almost 1!!! Where is the time going?!

Sabrina

1 comment:

Ty & Em said...

That is seriously the cutest idea ever!! love it!!