Tabs

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Wild Blustery Day = Bad Day to Take Photos.


This was a busy weekend! Or I guess I should say, it's been a busy past couple of weeks. Whenever I have more than just a couple of moments to sit and relax and forget about all I have to do, I count myself lucky. Don't get me wrong, I still feel completely in love with my "To Do List's" (I make them when feeling particularly eager to get things done).

Lets see whats been happening in the MacDougall world...

First- Holly had her beautiful baby Finlay! All I can say is "Baby hungry" =) He is so sweet and adorable I could scream, but I'll just take some awesomely cute pictures (one of these days Holly I promise I will come over and we will make it happen...I've got loads of ideas running through my head)

Second- The job. So as many of you know I applied for the lead position at Costco. It was a tiring process with the stress of not knowing when I'd be interviewed, then being interviewed, then being let down because I was told I had to be able to work 6 Sundays in a row, withdrawing my application for the position with a sour taste in my mouth for Costco and being called back by my store manager Kevin to get re-interviewed and after the interview being offered the job. See doesn't all that just make you tired thinking about it?! Needless to say it was a hard decision I would of had to go into it thinking I'd work at least three Sundays a month (wasn't so sure about that) and saying good bye to photography for a while. Even though I love taking pictures, it's very time consuming and working as a lead full time I wouldn't leave me much time to play. In the end we decided church, family and play all were much better than a secure job with better benefits and 21.00 an hour pay (plus time an a half every Sunday).=) We are happy with the decision and glad I can pursue my photography.


Third- I changed departments at Costco. So for all you Costco regulars who are so kind to brighten my days with your hellos at the food court (you know who you are, lol), I'm sorry to say I swiched to A.M. stalking. That means I get up at 4am and work until 10 or 12:30. So chances are you wont see me anymore. It's great I love it, aside from having to go to bed early.

Aside from all of this "ON TO THE PHOTOS"=)
I was asked by Jamie to take some family photos of her family, her brother just got back from the mish and the family was together. YAY for fun family photo sessions. It makes me want to roll around and laugh (weird I know, but I love family sessions). Well this family went way above the mark...have you ever met someone for the first time and in that moment of meeting, it feels as though you've always known them? This has only happened once before and that was when I met my husband, but I felt that way around this family. Now that I look back on it I don't think we even formally introduce ourselves to one another. I say this because in the moment of finding another great photo wall I was called "Hey photographer lady..." this was followed by laughs and finally a "Oh, what's your name?" Oh, the sweet joy's.
This family was working on a tight schedule so this was the only time they could take pictures...it was pouring cats and dogs though. At the end when everyone had just about had it, I asked if they wanted to take some the next day (on Sunday) greatfully they agreed and we set a time to meet again. Just like Jamie, this family was super fun and the guys were champs! Bruce (Jamies Dad) asked if I knew of any other family who had boys agree to another day of family pictures...laughing I said NO (especally not my family).

Here are some of my very favorites. They are such a beautiful family not hard to capture that! The first are of the rainly day and the others are of the Sunday after. Sorry about the long post.


5 comments:

Jamie said...

My family is loving these pics - you were so nice to do it twice!! You're so talented!

EmaLee said...

I don't know this family, but they are beautiful! Great pictures Sabrina! I couldn't help but imagine my little Erek all grown up with bright orange hair like the guy in these pictures. His hair is getting more and more orange everyday! I love it! :)

Mike and Emily said...

Cute pics! And I love hearing the updates....I can't even imagine getting up at 4 am. I whine with 6:45. Yikes. You're a beautiful photographer and I'm so glad you chose to follow that venue and play more!!!

Nellie said...

Hey photographer lady! Thank you for being so sweet to work with us two days in a row. We love what we are seeing on your blog. You are very talented!!

Emily said...

The pictures turned out so cute!!